QUOTED FROM OLD TESTAMENT
1. [Job 42:7-8] After the LORD had spoken these words to Job, He said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and your two friends. For you have not spoken about Me accurately, as My servant Job has. So now, take seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. Then My servant Job will pray for you, for I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. For you have not spoken accurately about Me, as My servant Job has.”
2. [Psalm 50:3-5] He will break the long silence which Heaven has observed. “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence…He shall call to the heavens above, and to the earth, that He may judge His people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have a covenant with me by sacrifice.”
3. [Psalm 51:16-17] You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. You do not want a burnt offering. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
4. [Psalm 51:19] Then you will be pleased with sacrifices offered in the right spirit—with burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings. Then bulls will again be sacrificed on your altar.
5. [Proverbs 21:3] To do righteousness and justice is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
6. [Daniel 9:27] “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”
7. [Jeremiah 19:13] And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of Judah shall be unclean as the place of Topheth: all the houses upon whose roots they have sacrificed to all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings to strange gods.
8. [Ezekiel 16;20-21] You even took the sons and daughters you bore to Me and sacrificed them as food to idols. Was your prostitution not enough? You slaughtered My children and delivered them up through the fire to idols.
9. [Ezekiel 45:16-18] “All the people of the land shall give to this offering for the prince in Israel”. It shall be the prince’s part to provide the burnt offerings, the grain offerings and the drink offerings, at the feasts, on the new moons and on the Sabbaths, at all the appointed feasts of the house of Israel; he shall provide the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering and the peace offerings, to make atonement for the house of Israel.” Thus says the Lord GOD, “In the first month, on the first of the month, you shall take a young bull without blemish and cleanse the sanctuary
10. [Zechariah 14:21] Indeed, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take some pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite.
11. [Hosea 6:4-6] Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of My mouth, and My judgments go forth like lightning. For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. But they, like Adam, have transgressed the covenant; there they were unfaithful to Me.
12. [Hosea 12:11] Is there iniquity in Gilead? They will surely come to nothing. Do they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal? Indeed, their altars will be heaps of stones in the furrows of the field.
QUOTED FROM NEW TESTAMENT
1. [Matthew 26:28] This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
2. [Acts 24:17] After several years, then, I returned to Jerusalem to bring alms to my people and to present offerings.
3. [1 John 2:2] He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
4. [1 John 4;10] And love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
5. [Romans 3:25] God presented Him as an atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.
6. [Romans 8:3] The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
7. [1 Corinthians 5:7] Get rid of the old yeast, that you may be a new unleavened batch, as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
8. [Hebrews 5:3] And therefore he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
9. [Hebrews 7:27] Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer daily sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people; He sacrificed for sin once for all when He offered up Himself.
10. [Hebrews 9:28] so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.
11. [Hebrews 10:12] But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God
12. [Hebrews 10:18] And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.
13. [Hebrews 10:26] Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins.
ALSO READ: Jesu is our Salvation sent by God