The word ‘Jesus’ is derived from the word ‘Iesous’ the Greek word for the Hebrew word ‘Yeshua’ which means “God saves” or “God’s salvation”. The life of Jesus was already foretold in Tanakh thousand years before his arrival on Earth. Below are Biblical verses proving that God really intends salvation for mankind. He sent Jesus as salvation for those who will believe in Him. Those who will not accept his salvation won’t be saved. Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one can come to the Father except through me”.
Quoted From Old Testament
1. [Exodus 15:2] “The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will extol Him.
2. [Job 13:16] “This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence.
3. [1 Samuel 2:1] At that time Hannah prayed: “My heart rejoices in the LORD in whom my horn is exalted. My mouth speaks boldly against my enemies, for I rejoice in Your salvation.
4. [2 Chronicles 6:41] Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness.
5. [Isaiah 12:2-3] Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song; He also has become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation.
6. [Isaiah 25:9] And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
7. [Isaiah 46:13] I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel
8. [Isaiah 45:17] Israel has been saved by the LORD With an everlasting salvation; You will not be put to shame or humiliated to all eternity.
9. [Isaiah 49:8] Thus says the LORD, “In a favorable time I have answered You, And in a day of salvation I have helped You; And I will keep You and give You for a covenant of the people, To restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages;
10. [Isaiah 51:5-6] My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm. “Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment And its inhabitants will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane.
11. [Isaiah 56:1] Thus says the LORD, “Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed.
12. [Isaiah 59:16] And He saw that there was no man, And was astonished that there was no one to intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him, And His righteousness upheld Him.
13. [Isaiah 63:5] “I looked, and there was no one to help, And I was astonished and there was no one to uphold; So My own arm brought salvation to Me, And My wrath upheld Me.
14. [Psalm 9:14] that I may declare all Your praises–that within the gates of Daughter Zion I may rejoice in Your salvation.
15. [Psalm 13:5] But I have trusted in Your loving devotion; my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.
16. [Psalm 28:8] The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one (Messiah).
17. [Psalm 35:9] Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and exult in His salvation
18. [Psalm 51:12] Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.
19. [Psalm 62:1] Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
20. [Psalm 67:1-2] God be merciful to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us, that Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation (Yeshua) among all nations”
21. [Psalm 68:18-19] You have ascended on high, you have led captivity captive: you have received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
22. [Psalm 85:9] Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land.
23. [Psalm 111:9] He has sent redemption to His people; He has ordained His covenant forever; holy and awesome is His name.
24. [Psalm 118:14] The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
25. [Psalms 149:4] For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.
26. [Jeremiah 3:23] Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel
27. [Habakkuk 3:13] You went forth for the salvation of Your people, For the salvation of Your anointed. You struck the head of the house of the evil To lay him open from thigh to neck.
Quoted From New Testament
1. [John 4:21-22] Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews
2. [Mark 16:16] Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
3. [Luke 1:69] He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of His servant David,
4. [Luke 2:25-32] Now there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. The Holy Spirit had revealed to him that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. Led by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. And when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for Him what was customary under the Law, Simeon took Him in his arms and blessed God, saying: “Sovereign Lord, as You have promised, You now dismiss Your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen Your Salvation, which You have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to Your people Israel.”
5. [Luke 19:10] For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
6. [Luke 18:26-27] Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
7. [Luke 21:28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near.
8. [Acts 2:21] And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
9. [Acts 4:12] Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
10. [Acts 13:47] For this is what the Lord has commanded us: “I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.”
11. [Acts 16:31] They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
12. [2 Timothy 1:9] He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.
13. [Titus 2:11-12] For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
14. [Hebrews 9:28] So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
15. [1 Peter 1:8-9] Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
16. [2 Peter 3:9] The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
17. [2 Corinthians 6:2] For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
18. [Romans 1:16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentiles.
20. [Romans 10:10] For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
21. [Titus 2:11] For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men.
22. [Hebrews 6:9] After he had finished his work, he became the source of eternal salvation for everyone who obeys him.
23. [Ephesians 6:16-17] In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
24. [Revelation 19:1] And after these things I heard a great voice of many people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God.
ALSO READ: Jesus is Our Purification, Our Perfecter of Faith