The books in Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) was written from thousands to hundreds of years before the Birth of Jesus. But amazingly, the thing about the son was already told in Tanakh who is also the mighty God and the everlasting Father. The Muslims cannot accept that God has a Son and accuse the Bible to be corrupted. Some Christian sects reduce Jesus into a mere man and reject some books of the Bible. Jesus said He exists even before the foundation of the world (John 17:5 & 24) and He come down from Heaven (John 16:28), so how come He is only a man? The existence of the Son in Tanakh proves that Christians (Catholics) have root in worshiping Jesus as God. Below are Biblical verses mentioning about the Son of God or the Son of Man.
Quoted from Tanakh/Old Testament
1. [Proverbs 30:4] Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of His Son? Surely you know!
2. [Psalm 2:11-12] Worship the LORD with reverence and rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
COMMENT: This verse says that the Son can be angry and has the power to perish us, but those who will take refuge of Him will be blessed. Jesus Christ is our blessed hope, our great God and Savior [Titus 2:13].
3. [Psalm 2:7] The king proclaims the LORD’s decree: “The LORD said to me, ‘You are My Son. Today I have become your Father.
4. [Psalm 80:15] Even the shoot which Your right hand has planted, And on the Son whom You have strengthened for Yourself.
5.[Psalm 89:27] And I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth
6. [2 Samuel 7:12-14] And when your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his Father, and he will be My son.
COMMENT: In this verse God tells king David that after he died He will establish a forever kingdom on his descendant. He will be the father to this offspring, and he will be the son to Him. Jesus is a descendant of David and claimed that God is His Father (John 6:40) to confirm the prophesy. God alos acknowledged and declared Jesus as His Son (Mark 9:7 & Matthew 17:5).
7. [1 Kings 15:4] Nevertheless, for David’s sake the LORD his God gave him a lamp in Jerusalem by raising up a Son to succeed him and by making Jerusalem strong.
8. [1 Chronicles 17:13-14] I will be his father, and he will be My son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.”
9. [Isaiah 7:14] Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a Son, and she will call Him ‘Immanuel’ (God with us).
10. [Isaiah 9:6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
COMMENT: This verse tells us that the son to be born is GOD almighty, the everlasting FATHER, and wonderful COUNSELOR (Spirit of Truth, John 15:26)
11. [Daniel 3:25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
12. [Daniel 7:13] “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
13. [Hosea 11:1] When Israel was a child, I loved him, and I called My Son out of Egypt.
Quoted from New Testament
1. [Matthew 3:17] And a voice from heaven said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased
2. [Matthew 8:20] Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.”
3. [Matthew 14:32-33] And when they had climbed back into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God!”
4. [Matthew 16-17] Jesus said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
5. [Matthew 17:5] While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!
6. [Luke 9:26] If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels.
7. [Luke 22:70] So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” Jesus answered them, “You say that I am.”
8. [Luke 17:22-24] And He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. “They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. “For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day
9. [Luke 21:27-28] At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
10. [Luke 22:70] So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” Jesus answered them, “You say that I am.”
11. [Mark 1:10-11] Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.
12. [Mark 2:27-28] Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath”.
13. [Mark 9:7] Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is My Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
14. [Mark 14:21 & Matthew 26:24] For the Son of Man must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!”
15. [John 1:33-34] John (the Baptist) testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. “I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit’. “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.“
16. [John 3:13] No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
17. [John 3:14] Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
18. [John 3:17-18] For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
19. [John 3:36] Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
20. [John 5:25] Truly, truly, I tell you, the hour is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
21. [John 5:27] And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
22. [John 6:40] For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
23. [John 8:28] So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
24. [John 10:36] what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent to the world? why then you curse me of blasphemy because I said, “I am God’s Son? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the father.
25. [John 12: 34] The crowd replied, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever. So how can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?”
26. [1 John 5:20] We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
27. [Hebrews 1:5] For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are My Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?