“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom”
1. [Deuteronomy 8:2] “You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not
2. [Leviticus 26:41] I also was acting with hostility against them, to bring them into the land of their enemies–or if their uncircumcised heart becomes humbled so that they then make amends for their iniquity,
3. [Job 22:29] When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.
4. [2 Chronicles 7:14] and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
5. [2 Chronicles 33:12] When he was in distress, he entreated the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers.
6. [2 Chronicles 34:27] “Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and because you humbled yourself before Me, tore your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you,” declares the LORD.
7. [1 Samuel 2:7] “The LORD makes poor and rich; He brings low, He also exalts.
8. [Isaiah 2:11] The proud look of man will be abased And the loftiness of man will be humbled, And the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.
9. [Isaiah 5:15] So the common man will be humbled and the man of importance abased, The eyes of the proud also will be abased.
10. [Isaiah 10:33] Behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, shall lop the bough with terror: and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled.
11. [Isaiah 11:4] but with righteousness He will judge the poor, and with equity He will decide for the lowly of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth and slay the wicked with the breath of His lips
12. [Isaiah 13:11] Thus I will punish the world for its evil And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.
13. [Isaiah 23:9] The LORD of hosts has planned it, to defile the pride of all beauty, To despise all the honored of the earth.
14. [Isaiah 57:15] For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, “I dwell on a high and holy place, And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit In order to revive the spirit of the lowly And to revive the heart of the contrite.
15. [Psalm 18:27]For You save an afflicted people, But haughty eyes You abase.
16. [Psalm 25:9] He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way.
17. [Psalm 35:13] But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I humbled my soul with fasting, And my prayer kept returning to my bosom.
18. [Psalm 45:4] In your splendor ride forth in victory on behalf of truth and humility and justice; may your right hand show your awesome deeds
19. [Psalms 149: 4] For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.
20. [Proverbs 11:2] When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
21. [Proverbs 15:33] The fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom, And before honor comes humility.
22. [Proverbs 16:19] It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly Than to divide the spoil with the proud.
23. [Proverbs 22:4] The reward of humility and the fear of the LORD Are riches, honor and life.
24. [Psalm 29:23] Pride ends in humiliation, while humility brings honor.
25. [Isaiah 66:2] For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
26. [Zephaniah 2:3] Seek the LORD, All you humble of the earth Who have carried out His ordinances; Seek righteousness, seek humility Perhaps you will be hidden In the day of the LORD’S anger.
27. [Micah 6:8] He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
1. [Luke 18:14] “I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
2. [Matthew 11:28-30] “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
3. [Matthew 23:10-12] And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
4. [Acts 20:19] Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews
5. [2 Corinthians 10:1] By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away!
6. [Philippians 2:3] Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, but in humility consider others more important than yourselves
7. [Philippians 2:5-8] Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
8. [Colossians 3:12] So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;
9. [Ephesians 4:2] Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
10. [Galatians 5:26] Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying one another
11. [James 1:21] Therefore, having put aside all filthiness and abounding of wickedness, receive in humility the implanted word, being able to save your souls
12. [James 4:6] But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble
13. [James 4:10] Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you
14. [1 Peter 3:8] Finally, all of you, be like-minded and sympathetic, love as brothers, be tenderhearted and humble.
15. [1 Peter 5:5-6] You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time