Contrary to the belief of most nonCatholics and Muslims, the Bible teaches intercession. Abraham, Job, Moses, Samuel, Jeremiah, and other prophets prayed to God for their fellowmen to be forgiven or be healed. Jesus made intercession too and commanded His believers to pray for one another. The prayer of a holy or righteous man is powerful and effective. Can’t Saints hear the prayer of the living because their souls are asleep? Contrary to the belief of nonCatholics, the souls of the holy Ones (Saints) are not asleep (Revelation 6:10). In fact, Enoch and Elijah went to paradise without tasting death. If you have completely followed the will of Jesus perfectly you become righteous in the eyes of God, thus you won’t undergo God’s judgment. The court is intended only for crime committers, therefore if you are sinless, your soul will go directly to God’s paradise.
QUOTED FROM OLD TESTAMENT:
1. [Genesis 20:7] Now return the man’s wife, for he is a prophet; he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not restore her, be aware that you will surely die–you and all who belong to you.”
2. [Genesis 20:17] Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech and his wife and his maidservants, so that they could again bear children–
3. [Job 42:7-8] After the LORD had spoken these words to Job, He said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and your two friends. For you have not spoken about Me accurately, as My servant Job has. So now, take seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. Then My servant Job will pray for you, for I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. For you have not spoken accurately about Me, as My servant Job has.”
4. [2 Chronicles 30:18-20] Although most of the many people who came from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun had not purified themselves, yet they ate the Passover, contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone who sets their heart on seeking God—the Lord, the God of their ancestors—even if they are not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.” And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people.
5. [1 Kings 13:6] Then the king responded to the man of God, “Intercede with the LORD your God and pray that my hand may be restored.” So the man of God interceded with the LORD, and the king’s hand was restored to him as it was before.
6. [1 Samuel 2:25] If someone sins against a man, God will mediate for him, but if someone sins against the Lord, who can intercede for him?” But they would not listen to the voice of their father, for it was the will of the Lord to put them to death.
7. [1 Samuel 7:5] Then Samuel said, “Assemble all Israel at Mizpah, and I will intercede with the Lord for you.”
8. [1 Samuel 7:8] and said to Samuel, “Do not stop crying out to the LORD our God for us, that He may save us from the hand of the Philistines.”
9. [1 Samuel 12:19] They pleaded with Samuel, “Pray to the LORD your God for your servants so that we will not die! For we have added to all our sins the evil of asking for a king.”
10. [1 Samuel 12:23] As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you. And I will continue to teach you the good and right way.
11. [Isaiah 59:16] And He saw that there was no man, And was astonished that there was no one to intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him, And His righteousness upheld Him.
12. [Jeremiah 15:1] Then the LORD said to me, “Even though Moses and Samuel were to stand before Me, My heart would not be with this people; send them away from My presence and let them go!
13. [Jeremiah 27: 18] If they are indeed prophets and if the word of the LORD is with them, let them intercede with the LORD of Armies not to let the articles that remain in the LORD’s temple, in the palace of the king of Judah, and in Jerusalem go to Babylon.’
14. [Jeremiah 42:2] Jeremiah the prophet and said, “May our petition come before you; pray to the LORD your God on behalf of this entire remnant. For few of us remain of the many, as you can see with your own eyes.
15. [Ezekiel 22:30] “I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one.
QUOTED FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT:
1. [Matthew 5:44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
2. [Matthew 18:19] Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
3. [Luke 6:28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
4. [Luke 23:34] Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots.
5. [John 9:31] We know that God does not listen to sinners, but He does listen to the one who worships Him and does His will.
6. [Acts 7:60] Falling on his knees, he cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
7. [Acts 8:24] Then Simon answered, “Pray to the Lord for me, so that nothing you have said may happen to me.”
8. [Acts 19:18] Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.
9. [2 Corinthians 1:11] And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.
10. [1 Timothy 2:1] First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone
11. [Romans 8:34] Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
12. [Hebrews 7:25] Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
13. [Hebrews 9:15] For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance–now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
14. [Hebrews 13:18] Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly. 23. [James 5:16] Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail.