Quoted From Old Testament
1. [Job 15:14] “What is man, that he should be pure, or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
2. [Job 29:14] I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
3. [Proverbs 21:3] To do righteousness and justice is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
4. [Isaiah 11:4] but with righteousness He will judge the poor, and with equity He will decide for the lowly of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth and slay the wicked with the breath of His lips
5. [Isaiah 42:6] “I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness, I will also hold you by the hand and watch over you, And I will appoint you as a covenant to the people, As a light to the nations
6. [Isaiah 45:23] “I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
7. [Isaiah 46:13] I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.
8. [Isaiah 51:5] “My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, And My arms will judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait for Me, And for My arm they will wait expectantly.
9. [Isaiah 51:6] “Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment And its inhabitants will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane.
10. [Isaiah 53:11] As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
11. [Isaiah 56:1] Thus says the LORD, “Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed.
12. [Isaiah 59:16] And He saw that there was no man, And was astonished that there was no one to intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him, And His righteousness upheld Him.
13. [Isaiah 61:11] For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, And as a garden causes the things sown in it to spring up, So the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise To spring up before all the nations.
14. [Isaiah 64:6] But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteous deeds are like filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
15. [Psalm 9:7-8] But the LORD abides forever; He has established His throne for judgment, And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity.
16. [Psalm 17:15] As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake
17. [Psalm 96:12-13] He shall have the homage of inanimate creation. “Then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the Lord: for He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with His truth,”
18. [Jeremiah 33:15] ‘In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth
19. [Ezekiel 14:14] then even if these three men–Noah, Daniel, and Job–were in it, their righteousness could deliver only themselves, declares the Lord GOD.
20. [Daniel 9:22-24] “Seventy weeks have been determined concerning your people and your holy city to put an end to rebellion, to bring sin to completion, to atone for iniquity, to bring in perpetual righteousness, to seal up the prophetic vision, and to anoint a most holy place.
21. [Zephaniah 2:3] Seek the LORD, All you humble of the earth Who have carried out His ordinances; Seek righteousness, seek humility Perhaps you will be hidden In the day of the LORD’S anger.
Quoted From New Testament
1. [Romans 3:25] God presented Him as an atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.
2. [Romans 10:10] For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
3. [Galatians 3:5-6] So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
4. [Galatians 5:5] For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
5. [Romans 14:17] “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
6. [Hebrews 1:8-9] But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
7. [James 3:18] And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
8. [2 Peter 1:1] Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours
9. [Philippians 3:9] and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God on the basis of faith