Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. “
Quoted from the Old Testament
1. [Psalm 16:11] You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.
2. [psalm 25:8-9] Good and upright is the LORD; therefore He shows sinners the way. He guides the humble in what is rightand teaches them His way.
3. [Psalm 25:12] Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the path chosen for him. His soul will dwell in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
4. [Psalm 118:20] This is the gate of the LORD; the righteous shall enter through it.
5. [Psalm 119:30] I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
6. [Proverbs 2:8] He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
7. [Proverbs 4:18] The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.
8. [Proverbs 16:17] The path of the virtuous leads away from evil; whoever follows that path is safe.
9.[Isaiah 30:21] And whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: “This is the way. Walk in it.”
10. [Isaiah 35:8] And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it.
11. [Isaiah 40:3] A voice is calling, “Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God.
Quoted from the New Testament
1. [Matthew 7:13-14] “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.
2.[Luke 13:24] “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
3. [John 10:1-2] “Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever does not enter the sheepfold by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. But the one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
4. [John 10:7] So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly I say to you, I am the gate of the sheep.
5. [John 10:9] I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture.
6. [John 14:6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
7.[Luke 13:24-25] “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’
9. [Hebrews 9:8] By this arrangement the Holy Spirit was showing that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still standing.
10. [Hebrews 10:20] by the new and living way opened for us through the curtain of His body,
11. [Revelation 21:27] Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life
Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
† We are all sinners but only perfect or sinless man can have eternal life and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, we need to be purified via the purification sent by God which is Jesus, the perfecter of our Faith. Without Him, no one can come to the Father (John 14:6). All we have to do is to believe the saving work of Jesus and follow His will. This world is just passing and our life span is very short, thus let us not store Earthly treasures but Heavenly treasures instead. Isn’t having an everlasting life is way more valuable than having a temporary life? Below are Biblical verses telling about purification and perfection that we need to undergo in our way to the Kingdom of God.
QUOTED FROM OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS
[Numbers 31:23] everything that can withstand the fire—must be put through the fire, and it will be clean. But it must still be purified with the water of purification. And everything that cannot withstand the fire must pass through the water
[Job 14:4] Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? no one.
[Job 15:14] “What is man, that he should be pure, or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
[Psalm 37:18] The LORD knows the days of the blameless, and their inheritance will last forever.
[Psalm 37:37] Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
[Psalm 51:2] Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin.
[Psalm 51:7] Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
[Psalm 66:10] For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us like silver.
Proverbs 14:32] The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous has hope in his death.
[Isaiah 1:16] “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil,
[Isaiah 1:18] “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.
[Isaiah 1:25] I will turn My hand against you; I will thoroughly purge your dross; I will remove all your impurities.
[Isaiah 4:4] When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning
[Isaiah 6:5-7] And I said: ”Woe is me! for I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.” Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven.“
[Isaiah 35:8-9] And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. No lion will be there, nor any ravenous beast; they will not be found there. But only the redeemed will walk there
[Isaiah 44:22] “I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
[Isaiah 48:10] See, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
[Ezekiel 18:4] Behold, every soul belongs to Me; both father and son are Mine. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
[Ezekiel 20:38] And I will purge you of those who rebel and transgress against Me. I will bring them out of the land in which they dwell, but they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’
[Jeremiah 33:8] ‘I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned against Me and by which they have transgressed against Me.
[Zechariah 13:9] This third I will bring through the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.'”
[Daniel 11:35] Some of the wise will fall, so that they may be refined, purified, and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.
[Daniel 12:10] Many will be purified, made spotless, and refined, but the wicked will continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked will understand, but the wise will understand.
[Malachi 3:2-3] But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He will be like a refiner’s fire, like a launderer’s soap. And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
QUOTED FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS
[John 1:29] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
[John 5:48] Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
[Matthew 8:2-3] Suddenly a leper came and knelt before Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” He said. “Be clean!” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed . . .
[Acts 15:9] He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith.
[1 John 1:7] But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
[1 John 1:9] If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
[1 John 3:3-4] And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness. But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin
[Romans 12:1-2] I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
[Hebrews 1:3] The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
[Hebrews 9:14] how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!
[Hebrews 9:22] Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
[Hebrews 10:12] But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God.
[Hebrews 11:40] God had planned something better for us, so that together with us they would be made perfect.
[Hebrews 12:2] Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
[Hebrews 12:22-23] But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect
[1 Corinthians 3:13] his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work.
[1 Corinthians 3:15] But if someone’s work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.
[Ephesians 5:26] to sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
[1 Thessalonians 3:13] so that He may establish your hearts in blamelessness and holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints. Amen.
[1 Timothy 1:5] The goal of our instruction is the love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a sincere faith.
[James 1:27] Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
[James 2:22] You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did.
[2 Peter 3:14] Therefore, beloved, as you anticipate these things, make every effort to be found at peace with Him, without spot or blemish.
[Titus 2:14] He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds
[Revelation 21:27] Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
[Revelation 22:14] Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
“The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Jesus Christ, [Matthew 13:41-42]
A. Quoted from Tanakh/Old Testament
1. [Psalm 2:6] “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
2. [Psalm 8:6] You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet
3. [Psalm 72:11] And let all kings bow down before him, All nations serve him.
4. [Psalm 89:27] “I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.
5. [2 Samuel 7:12-16] “When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be a father to him and he will be a Son to Me”
6. [Daniel 2:37] “You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory.
7. [Daniel 7:14] “And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed”.
8. [Isaiah 9:6] For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
B. Quoted from the New Testament
1. [Luke 10:22] All things are delivered to me by my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
2. [John 3:35] The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.
3. [John 5:22] For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
4. [John 5:25-29] Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
5. [Matthew 13:40-43] As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.
6. [Matthew 25:31-32] “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
7. [Mark 13:26-27] At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And He will send out the angels to gather His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.
8. [Acts 10:42] And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.
9. [Acts 17:30-31] Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raisingHim from the dead.”
10. [2 Corinthians 5:10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11. [Romans 2:16] on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
C. Quoted from Quran and Hadiths
1. [Quran 43:61] And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.
[Ibn Kathir’s explanation on Koran 43:61]
(And he shall be a sign for (the coming of) the Hour.) means, sign and “One of the signs of the Hour will be the appearance of `Isa son of Maryam before the Day of Resurrection. ” Something similar was also narrated from Abu Hurayrah, Ibn `Abbas, `Abu Al-`Aliyah, Abu Malik, `Ikrimah, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Ad-Dahhak and others. Many Mutawatir Hadiths report that the Messenger of Allah said that `Isa will descend before the Day of Resurrection as a just Ruler and fair Judge.
2. [Sahih al-Bukhari 3448] Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler) . . .
[Sunan Ibn Majah 4078] It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said: “The Hour will not begin until ‘Eisa bin Maryam comes down as a just judge and a just ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the Jizyah, . . .
Biblical verses telling about the suffering Messiah
QUOTED FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT
1. [Isaiah 49:7] This is what the LORD says– the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel– to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: “Kings will see you and stand up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
2. [Isaiah 50:6] the Lord says, I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.
3. [Isaiah 53:2-4] He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
4. [Isaiah 53:5-6] But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
5. [Isaiah 53:7] He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.
6. [Isaiah 53: 8] By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due
7. [Isaiah 53:9] His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
8. [Isaiah 53:10] But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
9. [Isaiah 53:11] As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
10. [Isaiah 53:12] Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
11. [Psalm 22:1] My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
12. [Psalm 22:6-8] But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: “He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”
13. [Psalm 22:14-15] the Lord says, “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within Me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.
14. [Psalm 22:16-17] Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment”.
15. [Psalm 16:10] For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
16. [Psalm 31:5] “Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.”
17. [Psalm 50:15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
18. [Psalm 69:7-9] Because for Your sake I have borne reproach; Dishonor has covered my face. I have become estranged from my brothers, And an alien to my mother’s sons. For zeal for Your house has consumed me, And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
19. [Psalm 69:20-21] You know my reproach, my shame and disgrace. All my adversaries are before You. Insults have broken my heart, and I am in despair. I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found no one. They poisoned my food with gall and gave me vinegar to quench my thirst.
20. [Psalm 77:2] In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; In the night my hand was stretched out without weariness; My soul refused to be comforted.
21. [Psalm 86:7] In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, For You will answer me.
22. [Zechariah 11:13] Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
23. [Zechariah 12:10] “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son”.
24. [Daniel 9:26] After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.
25. [Micah 5:1-2] “Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; They have laid siege against us; With a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek.
QUOTED FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
1. [Matthew 16:21] “From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life”
2. [Matthew 17:12] but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”
3. [Matthew 20:18-19] “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up.
4. [Matthew 26:28] For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
5. [Mark 8:31] “He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again”
6. [Mark 9:12] And He said to them, “Elijah does first come and restore all things. And yet how is it written of the Son of Man that He will suffer many things and be treated with contempt
7. [Mark 9:31] For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, “The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later.”
8. [Mark 10:33-34] saying, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and will hand Him over to the Gentiles. They will mock Him and spit on Him, and scourge Him and kill Him, and three days later He will rise again.”
9. [Luke 9:22] saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised up on the third day.”
10. [Luke 17:25] But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
11. [Luke 18:31-32] Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon,
12. [Luke 20:13-15] The owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’ But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, ‘This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.’ So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them?
13. [Luke 20:13-15] The owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’ But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, ‘This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours.’ So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them?
14. [Luke 24:20] and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to the sentence of death, and crucified Him.
15. [Luke 24:25-26] And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?”.
16. [Luke 24:46] and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,
17. [John 12:27] “Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
18. [John 19:37] And again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they have pierced.”
19. [Acts 3:18] But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled.
20. [Acts 17:2-3] And according to Paul’s custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and giving evidence that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus whom I am proclaiming to you is the Christ.
21. [Acts 26:22-23] So, having obtained help from God, I stand to this day testifying both to small and great, stating nothing but what the Prophets and Moses said was going to take place; that the Christ was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”
22. [1 Corinthians 2:8] the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory
23. [1 Corinthians 15:1-4] Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
24. [2 Corinthians 1:5] For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Chris
25. [1 Peter 1:11] trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.
26. [1 Peter 2:21-25] For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls
27. [1 Peter 4:1] Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.
28. [Hebrews 2:14] Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil
29. [Hebrews 13:11-12] For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest as an offering for sin, are burned outside the camp. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.
1. [Job 42:7-8] After the LORD had spoken these words to Job, He said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and your two friends. For you have not spoken about Me accurately, as My servant Job has. So now, take seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. Then My servant Job will pray for you, for I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. For you have not spoken accurately about Me, as My servant Job has.”
2. [Psalm 50:3-5] He will break the long silence which Heaven has observed. “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence…He shall call to the heavens above, and to the earth, that He may judge His people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have a covenant with me by sacrifice.”
3. [Psalm 51:16-17] You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. You do not want a burnt offering. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
4. [Psalm 51:19] Then you will be pleased with sacrifices offered in the right spirit—with burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings. Then bulls will again be sacrificed on your altar.
5. [Proverbs 21:3] To do righteousness and justice is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
6. [Daniel 9:27] “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”
7. [Jeremiah 19:13] And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of Judah shall be unclean as the place of Topheth: all the houses upon whose roots they have sacrificed to all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings to strange gods.
8. [Ezekiel 16;20-21] You even took the sons and daughters you bore to Me and sacrificed them as food to idols. Was your prostitution not enough? You slaughtered My children and delivered them up through the fire to idols.
9. [Ezekiel 45:16-18] “All the people of the land shall give to this offering for the prince in Israel”. It shall be the prince’s part to provide the burnt offerings, the grain offerings and the drink offerings, at the feasts, on the new moons and on the Sabbaths, at all the appointed feasts of the house of Israel; he shall provide the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering and the peace offerings, to make atonement for the house of Israel.” Thus says the Lord GOD, “In the first month, on the first of the month, you shall take a young bull without blemish and cleanse the sanctuary
10. [Zechariah 14:21] Indeed, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take some pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite.
11. [Hosea 6:4-6] Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of My mouth, and My judgments go forth like lightning. For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. But they, like Adam, have transgressed the covenant; there they were unfaithful to Me.
12. [Hosea 12:11] Is there iniquity in Gilead? They will surely come to nothing. Do they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal? Indeed, their altars will be heaps of stones in the furrows of the field.
QUOTED FROM NEW TESTAMENT
1. [Matthew 26:28] This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
2. [Acts 24:17] After several years, then, I returned to Jerusalem to bring alms to my people and to present offerings.
3. [1 John 2:2] He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
4. [1 John 4;10] And love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
5. [Romans 3:25] God presented Him as an atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.
6. [Romans 8:3] The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
7. [1 Corinthians 5:7] Get rid of the old yeast, that you may be a new unleavened batch, as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
8. [Hebrews 5:3] And therefore he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
9. [Hebrews 7:27] Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer daily sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people; He sacrificed for sin once for all when He offered up Himself.
10. [Hebrews 9:28] so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.
11. [Hebrews 10:12] But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God
12. [Hebrews 10:18] And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.
13. [Hebrews 10:26] Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins.
Jesus was referring to the division of a family caused by His teaching. And His statement proves true, many family members turned divided because of Him. One example of this division is Jesus’ disciples who left their families to live with Him. Members of a family differ in Faith that’s why they become divided. How many members of families that left their homes so as to follow Jesus? and how many of them were killed? This division is very painful among the family members that’s why Jesus called His teaching as a ‘sword’ _for it cuts the hearts of men. Others opted not to follow Jesus and refuse His salvation because they cannot afford to lose their families or to lose their lives as a consequence of leaving their Faiths. In Islamic society, to kill a family member who left Islam is a commandment. That’s why Jesus said, “anyone who loves his father and mother or (son and daughter) more than me is not worthy of me”. The one who sticks to his family because he is afraid to die will lose his eternal life instead. While the one who is not afraid to die in following Jesus will find eternal life instead. Jesus only emphasized to us the cost of choosing Him, that we should carry the cross (painful consequence) in following His teaching if we want eternal lives.
Let us continue reading Matthew 10, from verse 35 to 39;
35For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’;
36and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’
37He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Let us also read the parallel verses from [Luke 12:51-53], they say;
51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
52From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Jesus is the prince of peace [Isaiah 9:6]. He is referring not the literal sword to kill people, but He meant the sword of Spirit which is the “word of God”. Kindly read;
[Ephesians 6:17] Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
[Hebrews 4:12] For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
In Tanakh, God had been telling about His coming to Earth from thousands to hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. His main purpose is to bring the New Covenant and to redeem mankind through suffering and physical death. By this, God showed His great love to His people. The following are some of the Biblical verses saying that God will come to Earth, let us interpret each.
1. [Job 19:25] “I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the last hour he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes”.
COMMENT: The book of Job is believed to be the oldest Scripture. The main character Job expects the coming of his Redeemer. He believes he will resurrect and see God physically on the Last Day. Jesus will be the one to raise the dead and be the one to judge on the Last Day [John 6:40 & Matthew 13:41-42], so Jesus is the God expected by Job.
2. [Psalm 68:18] When you ascended to the heights, you led a crowd of captives. You received gifts from the people, even from those who rebelled against you. Now the LORD God will live among us there
COMMENT: This verse tells us that God will live among the people
3. [Isaiah 7:14] “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a Son, and will call him Emmanuel”
COMMENT: ‘Emmanuel’ is a Hebrew word which means “God with us”. It means that the Son to be born through a virgin is God himself. This virgin is fulfilled by Mary who gave birth to Jesus. The Koran also states that Jesus is a spirit of Allah and son of Mary [Koran 66:12, 21:91, & 4:171]. But Muslims just disregarded these verses.
4. [Isaiah 9:6] ”For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace”.
COMMENT: This passage clearly says that a Son will be born, and to be called Mighty God and eternal Father. Therefore, the Son and the Father God are one. Jesus said He and the Father are one [John 10:30].
5. [Isaiah 40:3] A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
COMMENT: This verse urges the people to prepare the way for the coming of God. This predicted voice is fulfilled by the voice of John the Baptist [John 1:23 & Luke 1:76]. John the Baptist was sent first to cleanse or baptize the people with water in preparation of the coming of God (Jesus) [John 1:33-34].
6. [Isaiah 48:16] “Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, there I am. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
COMMENT: The speaker of the passage tells that he exists even from the Creation period, so He is God. And this time He is sent by the Lord and His Spirit. God is acting the sender and the messenger. Jesus said He came down from Heaven and sent by the Father [John 6:38]. And also the Father declared that Jesus is His Son [Psalm 2:7 & Matthew 3:17].
7.[Isaiah 51:5] I will come quickly and save them; the time of my victory is near. I myself will rule over the nations. Distant lands wait for me to come; they wait with hope for me to save them.
COMMENT: This passage says that the savior who will come and save the people is God Himself.
8.[Isaiah 59:20″] The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.
COMMENT: This verse says that the Redeemer will come to Israel, Zion is the hill of Jerusalem on which the city of David was built. There is no other Redeemer of mankind except God [Isaiah 43:11], so He is the one to come to Israel.
9. [Isaiah 62:11] The LORD has sent this message to every land: “Tell the people of Israel, ‘Look, your Savior is coming. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.'”
COMMENT: In this verse, God the savior announces His coming, He will bring His rewards which is salvation to those who believe it.
10. [Jeremiah 23:5-6] “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD, “When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely, And do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely; And this is His name by which He will be called, ‘The LORD our righteousness.
COMMENT: This verse tells us that God will raise up a righteous branch and a descendant of king David. This righteous branch will reign as king, and his name will be “the LORD our righteousness”. So the king to come is God Himself. Jesus confirmed that He’s a king in [John 18:37]
11. [Micah 5:2] As for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, seemingly insignificant among the clans of Judah, from you a king will emerge who will rule over Israel on my behalf, one whose origin is from eternity.
COMMENT: This verse says that God will raise a king or ruler on His behalf, and the existence of this ruler is from eternity. There is no one whose existence is from eternity but God alone, so this ruler is God Himself. Jesus confirmed that He was the King expected by the Jews [John 18:37 & Matthew 27:11]. So Jesus is God.
12. [Malachi 3:1] “Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the LORD of hosts.
COMMENT: This verse says that God will send a messenger prior to His coming, this person is fulfilled by John (the Baptist) who prepared the Lord’s way by baptizing the people with water [John 1:33-34]. After that, the Lord will come to His Temple, and at the same time, He will bring the covenant that people delight. Jesus introduced this new covenant to his disciples [Luke 22:20 & Matthew 26:28].
Even if the Muslims and some Christian sects do not believe the divine origin of Jesus, still they have to worship Jesus because God passed his authority to him totally. Therefore all people should submit to Jesus if they want eternal lives. This is what God commands us to do according to the Holy Scriptures.
PROPHESIES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:
1. [Genesis 49:10] “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
2. [Isaiah 9:6] A child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace
3. [Isaiah 53:12] Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
4. [Isaiah 52:13] Behold, My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and greatly exalted.
5. [Psalm 2:6] “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
6. [Psalm 72:11] And let all kings bow down before him, All nations serve him.
7. [Psalm 89:27] “I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.
8. [Psalm 8:6] You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet
9. [Daniel 7:14] “And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed”.
10. [Daniel 7:27] And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.
11. [Daniel 2:37] “You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory.
FULFILLMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT:
1. [John 3:35] The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.
2. [John 5:21-23] For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
3. [John 13:3] Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.
4. [John 17:2] For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.
5. [Matthew 28:18] Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
6. [Matthew 11:27] All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son will reveal him.
7. [Luke 1:32-33] He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”
8. [Luke 10:22] All things are delivered to me by my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
9. [Luke 22:29] So as my Father has given me a kingdom, I’m giving it to you.
10. [Hebrews 2:8] and placed everything under his feet.” When God subjected all things to him, He left nothing outside of his control. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
11. [Hebrews 1:2] But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe
12. [Ephesians 1:22] And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church,
13. [1 Corinthians 15:24] Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power.
14. [1 Corinthians 15:27] For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.
15. [1 Peter 3:22] who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.
16. [2 Peter 1:17] “He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
17. [Revelation 4:11] “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
18. [Revelation 11:15] Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world is now the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”
The birth of Jesus was God’s entrance to the world in human form as foretold by prophet Isaiah, he announced;
[Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[Isaiah 7:14]: Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (God with us).
Roughly 700 years before Jesus, prophet Isaiah predicted the coming of a Son. He will be born to a virgin woman and will be called Mighty God or everlasting Father. The prophecies above was fulfilled in Mary, angel Gabriel said to her;
[Luke 1:30-32] So the angel told her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
The first couple fell to sin, thus death entered the world. Mankind became separated from the glory of God. The Holy Spirit that clothed them and gave them eternal life vanished from them. Only perfect or sinless man can wear the clothes of eternal life. God searched for a perfect man among us to be the savior of mankind, but found no one (Isaiah 59:16 & Romans 3:10). Because of His great love, God put the saving work in His hand. It is man who died because of sin therefore it is also man who will rise from the dead. This is the reason why God raised a human being and took a spirit from His spirit and put on this man [Deuteronomy 18:18, Isaiah 61:1, Luke 4:18, & John 14:10]. The human body of Jesus has a beginning, but His Spirit has no beginning and end because It is a portion of God’s spirit. Jesus declared that He has no beginning and end;
[John 8:58] Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM”
[John 8:23-24] “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM HE, you will indeed die in your sins.”
[John 13:19] “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I AM WHO I AM.
Jesus took the name of God of Abraham in John (8:23-24 & John 13:19), Compare these verses to (Isaiah 43:10 & Exodus 3:13-14);
[Exodus 3:13-14] “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you’.
[Isaiah 43:10] “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I AM HE. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
“I AM, I AM HE, or I AM WHO I AM”, is the title of God mentioned in the Bible. It speaks His self-existence; that He has no beginning and end, that He is the First and the Last, ever the same.
The savior must be a perfect man, that’s why Jesus though also God, did not use his divinity to his advantage (Philippians 2:6), instead he used his humanity in obeying the law perfectly. If Jesus had used his power to bypass the law, how could he be sinless? How could he be righteous? And how could his work be a saving sacrifice for humankind?
Have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality. Instead, he emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant, by becoming like other humans, by having a human appearance. He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, death on a cross.
ANSWER: Actually this cry, “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?” is a fulfillment of the prophesy in [Psalm 22:1]. But to better understand this cry, let us read Psalm 22 from verse 1 to 2;
1 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning,
2 O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.
COMMENT: From analyzing the verses, definitely it is not a personal entreaty of Jesus to the Father because in verse 2, the Psalmist is restless by night, and his cry is not answered by God. While Jesus was never deserted by the Father, in fact the Father dwelt in him [John 14:10]. The passage above is a pleading prophesy of a sinner (sinful mankind) who is forsaken by God. Since Jesus was the bearer of our sins and the taker of our punishment, he’s presenting himself to God as a sinful mankind who was punished because of sin. The begging and crying of Jesus is the begging and crying of mankind which he represented.
[Isaiah 53:4-6] Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
[Isaiah 53:12] Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.
COMMENT: The above verses foretold the fate of Jesus who will be the bearer of our sins and the taker of our punishment. He will become the intercessor between God and sinful mankind.
Jesus although also God (since he is the spirit of God) did not use his power to his advantage, instead he emptied himself to become an ordinary human. He humbled himself, and followed perfectly the law assigned to humanity even death on a cross. Consider the verses below;
[Philippians 2:5-8] Have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality. Instead, he emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant, by becoming like other humans, by having a human appearance. He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, death on a cross.
Jesus had authority on Himself if He wanted to but He intentionally gave up His human life to redeem us. As He said;
[John 10:18] “No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
After the first parents sinned because of the Serpent’s deception, God already had set up a plan to destroy Satan’s work, He said to the Serpent Satan;
[Genesis 3:15]“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel”.
COMMENT: This mentioned seed was fulfilled in Jesus who was born to a woman (Mary). The reason why Jesus was sent by God is to destroy the devil’s work through His death. So that in Jesus death, He might deliver us from the power of death inflicted by Satan. Kindly read;
[1 John 3:8] He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil
[Hebrews 2:14-15] Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
The wages of sin is death, therefore mankind should die. God looked for a sinless man to be the reason He would not destroy mankind, but found no one [Ezekiel 22:30 & Isaiah 59:16]. Because of His great love for humanity, God sent forth a spirit from Him to dwell in a human body so as to save the world through death. Jesus took the penalty of death in place of us so that we may not perish because of sin [Psalm 73:27]. He bore our iniquities and died on our behalfso that we can become righteous and justified through Him [Romans 3:25-26]. By His suffering and anguish on the cross, God’s wrath became satisfied. As Isaiah prophesied;
[Isaiah 53:11] As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
Jesus was following the will of the Father , His fate was already written in the Scriptures since thousand of years before His birth. In fact His last word was, “it is finished” [John 19:30], referring to the fulfillment of all the propheciesabout Him. Kindly check this speech of Jesus to His apostles after His resurrection;
[Luke 24:44] “These are my words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled”
Furthermore, Christians are the modernizers of the world. They are the inventors of electricity, spaceship, computers, internet, cellphones, satellites, and many more. Therefore, Christians are genius for they are guided by God. Do you think when it comes to identifying God, they are so dumb? Christians believe Jesus as God because they have convincing reason. You study the Bible and you will see that Jesus is God. Imagine the world without Christians, the world of today would have been still barbaric. As a matter of fact even until now, many of the Islamic countries are still barbaric. Marrying a cousin, marrying a child/sex with a child, raping/selling slaves, and beheading/mutilating people are still practiced.