Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.the word of Jesus, John 14:10
Our bodies are just vessels of our souls or spirits. Our spirits were created by God but Jesus is special since his spirit is a portion of God that went out from Him _and that’s what made Jesus also God. When God created the universe He sent forth his ‘word’, and this ‘word’ was the one which created all things. The Gospel of John says, “In the beginning was the Word”, so there’s no Son yet in the beginning of Creation but the Word. The reason why the Son was manifested is because Adam fell to sin, thus mankind lost its eternal life. The task of this Word or Spirit of God was to be part of humanity so that to defeat the devil through perfect obedience of the law [1 John 3:8]. God sent His Word or Spirit and entered the Earth through a human body so that to save humanity from perishing. It is man who died from sin, therefore it is man who will rise from the dead through perfectness or sinlessness. In Psalm 2:7 God decreed, ”You are my son, today I have become your Father”. Why God has become the father of Jesus? Because He was not the Son of God in the previous but the Word. The Sonship of Jesus of God is not biological in nature but spiritual through a divine decree. This is what the apostle John meant when he said in his Gospel, “and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” [John 1:14]. God promised to Moses that He will raise an Israelite to be His speaker [Deuteronomy 18:18-19], and He will put His spirit on him [Isaiah 42:1]. Below are Biblical passages telling about the Spirit of God (Word) who will come to the world by means of a man (Jesus)
1. [Psalm 104:30] You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the ground.
2. [Psalm 107:20] He sent out his Word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.
3. [Isiah 11:12] And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.
4. [Isaiah 42:1] “Here is My Servant, whom I uphold, My Chosen One, in whom My soul delights. I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will bring justice to the nations.
5. [Isaiah 48:16] “I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there I am; and now the Sovereign Lord has sent me with his spirit”.
6. [Isaiah 61:1] The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners,
1. [Matthew 12:15-21] Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. He warned them not to tell others about him. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
2. [Luke 4:16-21] Then Jesus came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. As was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath. And when He stood up to read, the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. Unrolling it, He found the place where it was written:
“The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Then He rolled up the scroll, returned it to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on Him, and He began by saying, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
3. [John 1:14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
4. [John 8:42] Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.
5. [John 10:38] But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works themselves, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”
6. [John 13:3] Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.
7. [John 14:10] Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
8. [John 14:11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, but if you do not believe me, believe because of the miraculous deeds themselves.
9. [John 15:26] When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.
10. [John 16:27-28] For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God. I came from the Father and entered the world. In turn, I will leave the world and go to the Father.
11. [Acts 10:38] How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
12. [Galatians 4:6] And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”
ALSO READ: Worship God in spirit
2 thoughts on “Spirit of God dwelt in Jesus”