1. [Deuteronomy 4:16] that you do not act corruptly and make an idol for yourselves of any form or shape, whether in the likeness of a male or female,
2. [Deuteronomy 4:28] And there you will serve man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell.
3. [Deuteronomy 5:8] You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath
4. [Deuteronomy 7:25] The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.
5. [Deuteronomy 16:21] Do not set up any wooden Asherah pole next to the altar you will build for the LORD your God,
6. [Deuteronomy 16:22] and do not set up for yourselves a sacred pillar, which the LORD your God hates.
7. [Deuteronomy 27:15] Cursed is the man who makes a carved idol or molten image–an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of a craftsman–and sets it up in secret.’ And let all the people say, ‘Amen!’
8. [Numbers 33:52] you must drive out before you all the inhabitants of the land, destroy all their carved images and cast idols, and demolish all their high places
9. [Exodus 20:4-5] “You shall not make yourselves any idols: no images of animals, birds, or fish. You must never bow or worship it in any way; for I, the Lord your God, am very possessive. I will not share your affection with any other god!
10. [Exodus 23:24] You must not bow down to their gods or serve them or follow their practices. Instead, you are to demolish them and smash their sacred stones to pieces.
11. [Exodus 32:4] He took the gold from their hands, and with an engraving tool he fashioned it into a molten calf. And they said, “These, O Israel, are your gods, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!”
12. [Exodus 32:8] How quickly they have turned aside from the way that I commanded them! They have made for themselves a molten calf and have bowed down to it. They have sacrificed to it and said, ‘These, O Israel, are your gods, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.'”
13. [Leviticus 19:4] Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods. I am the LORD your God.
14. [Leviticus 26:1] “You must not make idols for yourselves or set up a carved image or sacred pillar; you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down to it. For I am the LORD your God.
15. [Leviticus 26:30] I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and heap your lifeless bodies on the lifeless remains of your idols; and My soul will despise you
16. [Judges 2:11] And the Israelites did evil in the sight of the LORD and served the Baals.
17. [Judges 10:6] And again the Israelites did evil in the sight of the LORD. They served the Baals, the Ashtoreths, the gods of Aram, Sidon, and Moab, and the gods of the Ammonites and Philistines. Thus they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him.
18. [1 Samuel 5:4] But when they got up early the next morning, there was Dagon, fallen on his face before the ark of the LORD, with his head and his hands broken off and lying on the threshold. Only the torso remained.
19. [2 Chronicles 14:5] Also he took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images: and the kingdom was quiet before him.
20. [2 Chronicles 34:4] And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them.
21. [1 Kings 11:5] Solomon followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
22. [1 Kings 11:33] For Solomon has abandoned me and worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of the Sidonians; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Molech, the god of the Ammonites. He has not followed my ways and done what is pleasing in my sight. He has not obeyed my decrees and regulations as David his father did
23. [1 Kings 12:28-30] After seeking advice, the king made two golden calves and said to the people, “Going up to Jerusalem is too much for you. Here, O Israel, are your gods, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt.” One calf he set up in Bethel, and the other in Dan. And this thing became a sin; the people walked as far as Dan to worship before one of the calves.
24. [1 Kings 12:31-32] Jeroboam also built shrines on the high places and appointed from every class of people priests who were not Levites. And Jeroboam ordained a feast on the fifteenth day of the eighth month, like the feast that was in Judah, and he offered sacrifices on the altar; he made this offering in Bethel to sacrifice to the calves he had set up, and he installed priests in Bethel for the high places he had set up.
25. [1 Kings 14:9] You have done more evil than all who came before you. You have proceeded to make for yourself other gods and molten images to provoke Me, and you have flung Me behind your back.
26. [1 Kings 14:23] They also built for themselves high places, sacred pillars, and Asherah poles on every high hill and under every green tree.
27. [1 Kings 18:26] And they took the bull that was given them, prepared it, and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon, shouting, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no sound, and no one answered as they leaped around the altar they had made.
18. [1 Kings 19:18] Nevertheless, I have reserved seven thousand in Israel–all whose knees have not bowed to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him.”
19. [2 Kings 10:19] Now, therefore, summon to me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants, and all his priests. See that no one is missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal. Whoever is missing will not live.” But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the servants of Baal.
20. [2 Kings 10:29] but he did not turn away from the sins that Jeroboam son of Nebat had caused Israel to commit–the worship of the golden calves at Bethel and Dan.
21. [2 Kings 16:4] And he sacrificed and burned incense on the high places, on the hills, and under every green tree.
22. [2 Kings 17:17] And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
23. [2 Kings 19:18] They have cast their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods, but only wood and stone–the work of human hands.
24. [2 Kings 21:6] And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
25. [Psalm 78:58] They enraged Him with their high places and provoked His jealousy with their idols
26. [Psalm 97:7] All worshipers of images are put to shame–those who boast in idols. Worship Him, all you gods!
27. [Psalm 115:4-7] Their idols are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. Their idols are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. They have mouths, but cannot speak; they have eyes, but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have noses, but cannot smell; they have hands, but cannot feel; they have feet, but cannot walk; they cannot even clear their throats.
28. [Psalm 135:15-17] The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. They have mouths, but cannot speak; they have eyes, but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; nor is there breath in their mouths.
29. [Isaiah 2:17-18] The arrogance of man will be brought low and human pride humbled; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day, and the idols will totally disappear.
30. [Isaiah 2:20] In that day men will cast away to the moles and bats their idols of silver and gold–the idols they made to worship.
31. [Isaiah 3:18] In that day the Lord will take away their finery: their anklets and headbands and crescents
32. [Isaiah 10:10-11] As my hand seized the idolatrous kingdomswhose images surpassed those of Jerusalem and Samaria, and as I have done to Samaria and its idols, will I not also do to Jerusalem and her idols?”
33. [Isaiah 17:8] They will not look to the altars they have fashioned with their hands or to the Asherahs and incense altars they have made with their fingers.
34. [Isaiah 27:9] Therefore Jacob’s guilt will be atoned for, and the full fruit of the removal of his sin will be this: When he makes all the altar stones like crushed bits of chalk, no Asherah poles or incense altars will remain standing.
35. [Isaiah 30:22] So you will desecrate your silver-plated idols and your gold-plated images. You will throw them away like menstrual cloths, saying to them, “Be gone!”
36. [Isaiah 31:7] For in that day every one of you will reject the idols of silver and gold your sinful hands have made.
37. [Isaiah 37:38] And it came to pass, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword; and they escaped into the land of Armenia: and Esarhaddon his son reigned in his stead.
38. [Isaiah 40:19] To an idol that a craftsman casts and a metalworker overlays with gold and fits with silver chains?
39. [Isaiah 42:8] I am the Lord. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.
40. [Isaiah 42:17] They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
41. [Isaiah 44:9] All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.
42. [Isaiah 44:17] From the rest he makes a god, his graven image. He bows down to it and worships; he prays to it and says, “Save me, for you are my god.”
43. [Isaiah 45:20] Come, gather together, and draw near, you fugitives of the nations. Ignorant are those who carry idols of wood and pray to a god that cannot save.
44. [Isaiah 46:6] They pour out their bags of gold and weigh out silver on scales; they hire a goldsmith to fashion it into a god, so they can bow down and worship.
45. [Isaiah 57:5] who burn with lust among the oaks, under every luxuriant tree, who slaughter your children in the valleys, under the clefts of the rocks?
46. [Isaiah 65:7] both for your iniquities and for those of your fathers,” says the LORD. “Because they burned incense on the mountains and scorned Me on the hills, I will measure into their laps full payment for their former deeds.”
47. [Jeremiah 7:9] Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal, and follow other gods that you have not known,
48. [Ezekiel 6:4-6] Your altars will be demolished and your incense altars will be smashed; and I will cast down your slain before your idols. I will lay the corpses of the Israelites before their idols and scatter your bones around your altars. Wherever you live, the cities will be laid waste and the high places will be demolished, so that your altars will be laid waste and desecrated, your idols smashed and obliterated, your incense altars cut down, and your works blotted out.
49. [Ezekiel 6:9] Then in the nations to which they have been carried captive, your survivors will remember Me–how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts that turned away from Me, and by their eyes that lusted after idols. So they will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their abominations
50. [Ezekiel 6:13] And they will know that I am the LORD, when their people lie slain among their idols around their altars, on every high hill and on all the mountaintops, under every spreading tree and every leafy oak—places where they offered fragrant incense to all their idols.
51. [Ezekiel 16:17] You also took the fine jewelry of gold and silver I had given you, and you made male idols with which to prostitute yourself.
52. [Ezekiel 18:6] He does not eat at the mountain or look to the idols of the house of Israel. He does not defile his neighbor’s wife or approach a woman during her period.
53. [Hosea 2:8] For she does not acknowledge that it was I who gave her grain, new wine, and oil, who lavished on her silver and gold–which they crafted for Baal.
54. [Hosea 2:13] I will punish her for the days of the Baals when she burned incense to them, when she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after her lovers. But Me she forgot,” declares the LORD
55. [Hosea 4:17] Ephraim is joined to idols; leave him alone!
56. [Hosea 8:4] They set up kings, but not by Me. They make princes, but without My approval. With their silver and gold they make themselves idols, to their own destruction.
57. [Hosea 8:11] Because Ephraim hath made many altars to sin, altars shall be unto him to sin.
58. [Hosea 13:2] Now they sin more and more and make for themselves cast images, idols skillfully made from their silver, all of them the work of craftsmen. People say of them, “They offer human sacrifice and kiss the calves!”
59. [Jeremiah 10:3-4] For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut down a tree from the forest; it is shaped with a chisel by the hands of a craftsman. They adorn it with silver and gold and fasten it with hammer and nails, so that it will not totter.
60. [Jeremiah 10:5] Like scarecrows in a cucumber patch, their idols cannot speak. They must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them, for they can do no harm, and neither can they do any good.”
61. [Jeremiah 10:11] Thus you are to tell them: “These gods, who have made neither the heavens nor the earth, will perish from this earth and from under these heavens.”
62. [Jeremiah 10:14] Every man is senseless and devoid of knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols. For his molten images are a fraud, and there is no breath in them.
63. [Daniel 5:4] As they drank the wine, they praised their gods of gold and silver, bronze and iron, wood and stone.
64. [Zephaniah 1:4-5] “I will stretch out my hand against Judah and against all who live in Jerusalem. I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place, the very names of the idolatrous priests— those who bow down on the roofs to worship the starry host, those who bow down and swear by the Lord and who also swear by Molek,
65. [Habakkuk 2:18] What use is an idol, that a craftsman should carve it—or an image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation; he makes idols that cannot speak. Woe to him who says to wood, ‘Awake!’ or to silent stone, ‘Arise!’ Can it give guidance? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, yet there is no breath in it at all.”
1. [Acts 15:20] Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals, and from blood.
2. [1 Corinthians 8:1] Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.
3. [1 Corinthians 8:3-4] But if any man loves God, the same is known by him. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one
4. [1 Corinthians 8:7] But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled.
5. [1 Corinthians 10:7] Do not be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written: “The people sat down to eat and to drink, and got up to indulge in revelry.”
6. [1 Corinthians 10:14] Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
7. [1 Corinthians 10:18-21] Think about the people of Israel. Weren’t they united by eating the sacrifices at the altar? What am I trying to say? Am I saying that food offered to idols has some significance, or that idols are real gods? No, not at all. I am saying that these sacrifices are offered to demons, not to God. And I don’t want you to participate with demons. You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons, too
8. [1 Corinthians 10:28-29] But if someone tells you, “This food was offered to idols,” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience—the other one’s conscience, I mean, not your own. For why should my freedom be determined by someone else’s conscience?
9. [1 Corinthians 12:2] You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
10. [1 Thessalonians 1:9] For they themselves report what kind of welcome you gave us, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God
11. [Ephesians 5:5] For know you this and understand, that no fornicator, or unclean, or covetous person (which is a serving of idols), hath inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
12. [1 John 5:21] Little children, keep yourselves from idols.
13. [Revelation 9:20] Now the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk.
ALSO READ: Muhammad was inspired by Satan