How the Father and the Son glorified or exalted each other? The Son glorified the Father by telling to the people that the Father sent him, that the Father is greater than him (John 14:28). Jesus also prayed to the Father while the people watching him. On the other end, the Father glorified the Son by declaring him as His beloved son right from the heavens (Mark 1:11). Many had witnessed that event and heard the Father’s voice. He also called Jesus as God in the Holy Scripture (Psalm 45:6-7 & Hebrews 1:8-9). Below are Biblical verses about glorifying God;
Quoted from the Old Testament
1. [Isaiah 25:1] O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.
2. [Isaiah 60:9] “Surely the coastlands will wait for Me; And the ships of Tarshish will come first, To bring your sons from afar, Their silver and their gold with them, For the name of the LORD your God, And for the Holy One of Israel because He has glorified you.
3. [Psalm 34:3] O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
4. [Psalm 45:6-7] Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you above your companions with the oil of joy.
5. [Psalm 50:15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
6. [Psalm 69:30] I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
7. [Psalm 86:12] I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
Quoted from the New Testament
1. [Matthew 3:16-17] As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.’
2. [Luke 3:22] and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
3. [Mark 1:11] And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
4. [John 7:18] He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory, but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is a man of truth; in Him there is no falsehood.
5. [John 7:39] He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.
6. [John 8:50] I do not seek My own glory. There is One who seeks it, and He is the Judge
7. [John 8:54] Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.
8. [John 12:28] Father, glorify Your name!” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
9. [John 13:31-32] Therefore when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in Him; if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately.
10. [John 15:7-8] “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples
11. [John 16:14] He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
12. [John 17:1] After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
13. [John 17:4-5] “I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
14. [Acts 3:13] The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.
15. [Hebrews 1:8-9] But about the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You above Your companions with the oil of joy.”
16. [2 Peter 1:16-19] For we did not follow cleverly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
ALSO READ: Jesus is God, Biblical verses