- [Deuteronomy 4:16] that you do not act corruptly and make an idol for yourselves of any form or shape, whether in the likeness of a male or female,
- [Deuteronomy 5:8] You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath
- [Deuteronomy 16:21] Do not set up any wooden Asherah pole next to the altar you will build for the LORD your God,
- [Deuteronomy 16:22] and do not set up for yourselves a sacred pillar, which the LORD your God hates.
- [Deuteronomy 27:15] Cursed is the man who makes a carved idol or molten image–an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of a craftsman–and sets it up in secret.’ And let all the people say, ‘Amen!’
- [Numbers 33:52] you must drive out before you all the inhabitants of the land, destroy all their carved images and cast idols, and demolish all their high places
- [Exodus 20:4-5] “You shall not make yourselves any idols: no images of animals, birds, or fish. You must never bow or worship it in any way; for I, the Lord your God, am very possessive. I will not share your affection with any other god!
- [Exodus 23:24] You must not bow down to their gods or serve them or follow their practices. Instead, you are to demolish them and smash their sacred stones to pieces.
- [Leviticus 19:4] Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods. I am the LORD your God.
- [Leviticus 26:1] “You must not make idols for yourselves or set up a carved image or sacred pillar; you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down to it. For I am the LORD your God.
- [Psalm 78:58] They enraged Him with their high places and provoked His jealousy with their idols
- [Judges 2:11] And the Israelites did evil in the sight of the LORD and served the Baals.
- [Judges 10:6] And again the Israelites did evil in the sight of the LORD. They served the Baals, the Ashtoreths, the gods of Aram, Sidon, and Moab, and the gods of the Ammonites and Philistines. Thus they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him.
- [1 Kings 11:5] Solomon followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
- [1 Kings 11:33] For Solomon has abandoned me and worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of the Sidonians; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Molech, the god of the Ammonites. He has not followed my ways and done what is pleasing in my sight. He has not obeyed my decrees and regulations as David his father did
- [2 Kings 10:19] Now, therefore, summon to me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants, and all his priests. See that no one is missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal. Whoever is missing will not live.” But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the servants of Baal.
- [2 Kings 17:17] And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
- [2 Kings 21:6] And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
- [Isaiah 2:17-18] The arrogance of man will be brought low and human pride humbled; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day, and the idols will totally disappear.
- [Isaiah 3:18] In that day the Lord will take away their finery: their anklets and headbands and crescents
- [Isaiah 42:8] I am the Lord. That is my name, and I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.
- [Isaiah 45:20] Come, gather together, and draw near, you fugitives of the nations. Ignorant are those who carry idols of wood and pray to a god that cannot save.
- [Isaiah 65:7] both for your iniquities and for those of your fathers,” says the LORD. “Because they burned incense on the mountains and scorned Me on the hills, I will measure into their laps full payment for their former deeds.”
- [Jeremiah 7:9] Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal, and follow other gods that you have not known,
- [Ezekiel 6:9] Then in the nations to which they have been carried captive, your survivors will remember Me–how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts that turned away from Me, and by their eyes that lusted after idols. So they will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their abominations
- [Ezekiel 16:17] You also took the fine jewelry of gold and silver I had given you, and you made male idols with which to prostitute yourself.
- [Hosea 2:13] I will punish her for the days of the Baals when she burned incense to them, when she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after her lovers. But Me she forgot,” declares the LORD
- [1 Corinthians 8:3-4] But if any man loves God, the same is known by him. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
- [Ephesians 5:5] For know you this and understand, that no fornicator, or unclean, or covetous person (which is a serving of idols), hath inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
The hadiths below are strong evidence that Islam is paganism. Muhammad and his Muslims observed Ashura along with the Quraish (pagan tribe of Muhammad). How come the Muslims and the pagans shared the same fasting, yet Muslims are not pagans? Ashura was a pagan fasting observed by the Quraish even before the birth of Islam. And when Muhammad launched his own version of fasting called Ramadan, he and his believers observed Ashura and Ramadan side by side.
1. [Sahih al-Bukhari 1592] Narrated `A’isha: The people used to fast on ‘Ashura (the tenth day of the month of Muharram) before the fasting of Ramadan was made obligatory. And on that day the Ka`ba used to be covered with a cover. When Allah made the fasting of the month of Ramadan compulsory, Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Whoever wishes to fast (on the day of ‘Ashura’) may do so; and whoever wishes to leave it can do so.”
2. [Sahih al-Bukhari 1892] Narrated Ibn `Umar: The Prophet (ﷺ) observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram (‘Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the ‘Ashura’ was abandoned. `Abdullah did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.
3. [Sahih al-Bukhari 1893] Narrated A’isha: (The tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura’ in the Pre-Islamic period, and then Allah’s Apostle ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “He who wants to fast (on ‘Ashura’) may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast.”
4. [Sahih al-Bukhari 2001] Narrated A’isha: Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) ordered (the Muslims) to fast on the day of ‘Ashura’, and when fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed, it became optional for one to fast on that day (‘Ashura’) or not.
5. [Sahih al-Bukhari 2002] Narrated A’isha: Quraish used to fast on the day of ‘Ashura’ in the Pre-Islamic period, and Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) too, used to fast on that day. When he came to Medina, he fasted on that day and ordered others to fast, too. Later when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, he gave up fasting on the day of ‘Ashura’ and it became optional for one to fast on it or not.
6. [Sahih al-Bukhari 2003] Narrated Humaid bin `Abdur Rahman: That he heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan on the day of ‘Ashura’ during the year he performed the Hajj, saying on the pulpit, “O the people of Medina! Where are your Religious Scholars? I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, ‘This is the day of ‘Ashura’. Allah has not enjoined its fasting on you but I am fasting it. You have the choice either to fast or not to fast (on this day).’
7. [Sahih al-Bukhari 4501] Narrated Ibn `Umar: Fasting was observed on the day of ‘Ashura’ (i.e. 10th of Muharram) by the people of the Pre-lslamic Period. But when (the order of compulsory fasting) in the month of Ramadan was revealed, the Prophet said, “It is up to one to fast on it (i.e. day of ‘Ashura’) or not.”
8. [Sahih al-Bukhari 4502] Narrated A’isha: The people used to fast on the day of ‘Ashura’ before fasting in Ramadan was prescribed but when (the order of compulsory fasting in) Ramadan was revealed, it was up to one to fast on it (i.e. ‘Ashura’) or not.
9. [Sahih al-Bukhari 4504] Narrated A’isha: During the Pre-lslamic Period of ignorance the Quraish used to observe fasting on the day of ‘Ashura’, and the Prophet (ﷺ) himself used to observe fasting on it too. But when he came to Medina, he fasted on that day and ordered the Muslims to fast on it. When (the order of compulsory fasting in ) Ramadan was revealed, fasting in Ramadan became an obligation, and fasting on ‘Ashura’ was given up, and who ever wished to fast (on it) did so, and whoever did not wish to fast on it, did not fast.
10. [Sahih Muslim 1125a] A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that the Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura during the pre-Islamic days. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) then commanded to fast on that day till (fasting) in Ramadan became obligatory. Then the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: He who wishes to fast should do so, and he who wishes to break it may do so.
11. [Sahih Muslim 1125c] A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported. In the pre-Islamic days fast was observed on the day of Ashura, but with the advent of Islam (its position was ascertained as that of a voluntary fast). Then he who wished to fast fasted, and he who liked to abandon it abandoned it.
12. [Sahih Muslim 1126d] Abdullah b. ‘Umar (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say about the day of Ashura: It is a day on which the people of pre-Islamic days observed fast. So he who liked to fast on this day should do so, and he who liked to abandon it should abandon it. ‘Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) did not observe fast except when it coincided (with the days when he was in the habit of observing voluntary fasts during every month).
13. [Sahih Muslim 1128] Jabir b Samura reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) commanded us to observe fast on the day of Ashura and exhorted us to do it and was particular about it But when (fasting) in Ramadan was made obligatory, he hence. forth neither commanded us nor forbade us, nor was he so particular about it.
14. [Sahih Muslim 1129a] Abd al-Rahman reported that he heard Mu’awiya b. Abu Sufyan delivering a sermon in Medina. i. e. when he came there (for Hajj). He delivered a sermon on the day of ‘Ashura and said: People of Medina, where are your scholars? I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say on this very day: It is the day of ‘Ashura. Allah has not made fasting on This day obligatory for you but I am fasting. He who likes to observe fast among you should do so, and he who likes not to observe it may not observe it.
15. [Sahih Muslim 1132a] Ibn Abbas was asked about observing of fast on the day of Ashura, whereupon he said: I do not know Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) singling out any day’s fast and considering it more excellent than another, except this day (the day of Ashura) and this month, meaning the month of Ramadan.
16. [Sahih Muslim 1136a] Rubayyi’ daughter of Mu’awwidh b. ‘Afra’ said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) sent (a person) on the morning of Ashura to the villages of Ansar around Medina (with this message): He who got up in the morning fasting (without eating anything) he should complete his fast, and he who had had his breakfast in the morning, he should complete the rest of the day (without food). The Companions said; We henceforth observed fast on it (on the day of ‘Ashura) and, God willing, made our children observe that. We went to the mosque and made toys out of wool for them and when anyone felt hungry and wept for food we gave them these toys till it was the time to break the fast.
17. [Jami` at-Tirmidhi 752] Abu Qatadah narrated that: the Prophet said: “Fast the Day of Ashura, for indeed I anticipate that Allah will forgive (the sins of) the year before it.”
18. [Jami` at-Tirmidhi 753] A’ishah narrated: “Ashura was a day that the Quraish used to fast during Jahiliyyah, and the Messenger of Allah used to fast it. But when (the fast of) Ramadan became obligatory, the Ramadan was the required and Ashura was left. So whoever wanted to, he fasted it, and whoever wanted to, he left it.”
19. [Sahih al-Bukhari 3831] A’isha said: “‘Ashura’ was a day on which Quraish used to fast in the pagan era [al-jahiliyya], and Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to keep it as well. Hence, when he arrived in Medina, he kept its fast and commanded its observance. Then, when Ramadan was decreed, [the fast of] Ramadan became the obligatory religious duty, and ‘Ashura’ was omitted, so one is free to fast this day or not to fast it.”
20. [Sunan Ibn Majah 1733] It was narrated that ‘Aishah said “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to fast ‘Ashura’, and he ordered (others) to fast it too.”
21. [Sunan Ibn Majah 1737] It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar that the Day of ‘Ashura’ was mentioned in the presence of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “That was a day when the people of the Ignorance used to fast. So whoever among you wants to fast may do so, and whoever does not want to may leave it.”
22. [Sunan an-Nasa’i 2506] It was narrated that Qais bin Sa’d bin ‘Ubadah Said: “We used to fast on ‘Ashura and give Zakatul-Fitr, and when the command to fast in Ramadan was revealed, and the command to give Zakah was revealed, we were neither commanded to give it, nor told not to do so, and we used to do it.”
23. [Musnad Ahmad 1069] It was narrated from `Ali (رضي الله عنه) that The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to fast on the day of `Ashoora’ and enjoined others to do so.
24. [Muwatta Malik Book 18, Hadith 33] Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa from his father that A’isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “The day of Ashura was a day the Quraysh used to fast in the jahiliyya, and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used also to fast it during the jahiliyya. Then when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to Madina he fasted it and ordered that it be fasted. Then Ramadan was made obligatory, and that became the fard instead of Ashura, but whoever wanted to, fasted it, and whoever did not want to, did not fast it.”
25. [Ash-Shama’il Al-Muhammadiyah 308] A’isha said: “‘Ashura’ was a day on which Quraish used to fast in the pagan era [al-jahiliyya], and Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to keep it as well. Hence, when he arrived in Medina, he kept its fast and commanded its observance. Then, when Ramadan was decreed, [the fast of] Ramadan became the obligatory religious duty, and ‘Ashura’ was omitted, so one is free to fast this day or not to fast it.”
- [Deuteronomy 4:19] When you look to the heavens and see the sun and moon and stars–all the host of heaven–do not be enticed to bow down and worship what the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.
- [Deuteronomy 17:3] and going to worship other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven—which I have forbidden
- [1 Kings 11:5] Solomon followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and Molech the abomination of the Ammonites.
- [2 Kings 17:16] They abandoned all the commandments of the LORD their God and made for themselves two cast idols of calves and an Asherah pole. They bowed down to all the host of heaven and served Baal.
- [2 Kings 21:5] And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the temple of the Lord
- [2 Kings 23:5] And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.
- [2 Chronicles 33:3] For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.
- [Jeremiah 7:18] The sons gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; they pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke Me to anger.
- [Jeremiah 8:2] They will be exposed to the sun and moon, and all the host of heaven which they have loved, served, followed, consulted, and worshiped. Their bones will not be gathered up or buried, but will become like dung lying on the ground.
- [Jeremiah 19:13] And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of Judah shall be unclean as the place of Topheth: all the houses upon whose roots they have sacrificed to all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings to strange gods.
- [Jeremiah 44:18] But from the time we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been perishing by sword and famine.”
- [Nehemiah 9:6] You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
- [Zephania 1:5] I will destroy anyone who goes up on the roof and worships the sun, the moon, and the stars. I will also destroy those who worship me and swear loyalty to me, but then take oaths in the name of the god Molech.
- [Daniel 8:10] And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
- [Acts 7:42] Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?
1.) ALLAH WAS WORSHIPED BY PAGANS LONG TIME BEFORE MUHAMMAD. ALLAH WAS BELIEVED TO HAVE THREE DAUGHTERS NAMELY, AL-LAT, AL-UZZA, AND MANAT. MUHAMMAD ALSO PROSTRATED TO THESE THREE GODDESSES (QURAN 53:19-20).
[Excerpt from Wikipedia, Nabataean Religion]
2.) RAMADAN IS A REPLACEMENT OF “ASHURA”, A PAGAN FASTING OBSERVANCE IN PRE-ISLAMIC TIME. THE PAGANS, MUHAMMAD, AND THE EARLY MUSLIMS OBSERVED “ASHURA” TOGETHER.
[Sahih Al-Bukhari 1892] Narrated Ibn `Umar: The Prophet (ﷺ) observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram (‘Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the ‘Ashura’ was abandoned. `Abdullah did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.
[Sahih Al-Bukhari 1893]Narrated `Aisha: (The tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura’ in the Pre-Islamic period, and then Allah’s Apostle ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “He who wants to fast (on ‘Ashura’) may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast.”
[Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, No. 172] ‘Ashura’ (i.e. the tenth of Muharram) was a day on which the tribe of Quraish used to fast in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance. The Prophet also used to fast on this day. So when he migrated to Medina, he fasted on it and ordered (the Muslims) to fast on it. When the fasting of Ramadan was enjoined, it became optional for the people to fast or not to fast on the day of Ashura.
3.) THE MUSLIMS SELECTED A STONE TO WORSHIP AND PERFORMED TAWAF (CIRCUMAMBULATION) AROUND IT.
[Sahih Al-Bukhari 4376 & 4377]
Narrated Abu Raja Al-Utaridi: We used to worship stones, and when we found a better stone than the first one, we would throw the first one and take the latter, but if we could not get a stone then we would collect some earth (i.e. soil) and then bring a sheep and milk that sheep over it, and perform the Tawaf around it. When the month of Rajab came, we used (to stop the military actions), calling this month the iron remover, for we used to remove and throw away the iron parts of every spear and arrow in the month of Rajab. Abu Raja’ added: When the Prophet (ﷺ) sent with (Allah’s) Message, I was a boy working as a shepherd of my family camels. When we heard the news about the appearance of the Prophet, we ran to the fire, i.e. to Musailima al-Kadhdhab.
4.) TAWAF WAS PERFORMED BY THE PAGANS IN PRE-ISLAMIC TIME
[Sahih al-Bukhari 1648] Narrated `Asim: I asked Anas bin Malik: “Did you use to dislike to perform Tawaf between Safa and Marwa?” He said, “Yes, as it was of the ceremonies of the days of the Pre-Islamic period of ignorance, till Allah revealed: ‘Verily! (The two mountains) As-Safa and Al-Marwa are among the symbols of Allah. It is therefore no sin for him who performs the pilgrimage to the Ka`ba, or performs `Umra, to perform Tawaf between them.’ ” (2.158)
5.) MUHAMMAD KISSED THE BLACK STONE AND PROUDLY CIRCUMAMBULATED THE KAABAH TOGETHER WITH THE PAGANS
[Sahih Muslim 1218 d] Jabir b. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported that when Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) proceeded to Mecca, he came to it (the Black Stone). he kissed it. and moved to his right. and moved quickly in three circuits, and walked in four circuits.
[Sunan Abi Dawud 1889] Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (ﷺ) wore the mantle under his right armpit with the end over his left shoulder, and touched the corner (Black Stone), then uttered “Allah is most great” and walked proudly in three circuits of circumambulation. When they (the Companions) reached the Yamani corner, and disappeared from the eyes of the Quraysh, they walked as usual; When they appeared before them, they walked proudly with rapid strides. Thereupon the Quraysh said: They look to be the deer (that are jumping). Ibn Abbas said: Hence this became the sunnah (model behaviour of the Prophet).
6.) THE PAGANS CIRCUMAMBULATED THE KAABA NAKED THE SAME WITH THE MUSLIMS ARE DOING TODAY
[Sahih Muslim 1219 b] Hisham narrated on the authority of his father that the Arabs with the exception of Hums who were Quraish, and their descendants, circumambulated the House naked. They kept circumambulating In this state of nudity unless the Hums supplied to them the clothes. The male provided (clothes) to the male and the female provided clothes to the female. And the Hums did not get out of Muzdalifa, whereas the people (other than the Quraish) went to ‘Arafat.
7.) THE BLACK STONE WAS A PAGAN IDOL, IT’S ONE OF THE 360 IDOLS IN KAABA WHICH WERE WORSHIPED BY THE PAGANS AND MUHAMMAD.
[Excerpt from Wikipedia, Black Stone]
8.) THE MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT THE STONE THEY WORSHIP COULD SUCK THEIR SINS, THUS IT BECAME BLACK.
[At-Tirmidhi, Sunan, hadith no. 959. This hadith is classified as hasan by At-Tirmidhi and as Sahih by Al-Hakim (1/664), and Adh-Dhahabi agreed with him]
Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: “Touching them both (the Black Stone and Ar-Rukn Al-Yamani) is an expiation for one’s sins.”
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 877, Book 9, Hadith 70] Ibn Abbas narrated that: The Messenger of Allah said: “The Black Stone descended from the Paradise, and it was more white than milk, then it was blackened by the sins of the children of Adam.”
9.) THE MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT THE BLACK STONE WILL WITNESS ON THE JUDGMENT DAY. IT WILL BE GIVEN TWO EYES TO SEE AND TONGUE TO TALK.
[Sunan Ibn Majah, Book of Hajj Rituals, Hadith 2944] It was narrated that Sa’eed bin Jubair said: I heard Ibn ‘Abbas say: The Messenger of Allah said: “This Stone will be brought on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be given two eyes with which to see, and a tongue with which to speak, and it will bear witness for those who touched it in sincerity.”