Biblical verses about the Creation of the Universe
1. [Genesis 1:7] So God made the expanse and separated the waters beneath it from the waters above. And it was so.
2. [Genesis 1:9] And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
3. [Genesis 1:14-19] And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good
4. [Isaiah 40:12] Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
5. [Isaiah 40:15] Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he takes up the isles as fine dust.
6. [Isaiah 40:22] God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him! He spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them.
7. [Isaiah 42:5] The LORD God created the heavens and stretched them out. He shaped the earth and all that comes from it. He gave life to the people who are on it and breath to those who walk on it. This is what the LORD God says:
8. [Isaiah 44:24] Thus says the LORD, your redeemer, and he that formed you from the womb, I am the LORD that makes all things; that stretches forth the heavens alone; that spreads abroad the earth by myself;
9. [Isaiah 45:12] I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded
10. [Isaiah 42:5] Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
11. [Isaiah 48:13] “Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together
12. [Job 26:7] He stretched out the north over the empty place, and hanged the earth upon nothing.
13. [Job 26:10]“He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters. At the boundary of light and darkness.
14. [Job 28:24-25] For he looks to the ends of the earth, and sees under the whole heaven; To make the weight for the wind; and he apportions the waters by measure.
15. [Job 38:8-9] Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it broke forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band
16. [Proverbs 8:29] When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
17. [Proverbs 30:4] Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son’s name? Surely you know!
18. [Jeremiah 5:22] Do you not fear Me?’ declares the LORD. ‘Do you not tremble in My presence? For I have placed the sand as a boundary for the sea, An eternal decree, so it cannot cross over it. Though the waves toss, yet they cannot prevail; Though they roar, yet they cannot cross over it.
19. [Jeremiah 10:12] It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
20. [Jeremiah 33:22] As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the descendants of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
21. [Jeremiah 33:25] “Thus says the Lord: ‘If My covenant is not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth
22. [Jeremiah 31:35] Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, Who disturbs the sea, And its waves roar (The Lord of hosts is His name)
23. [Psalm 8:3] When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained
24. [Psalm 19:4-6] . . . In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, like a bridegroom emerging from his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and runs its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth.
25. [Psalm 40:26] Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.
26. [Psalm 104:6] You covered it with the deep as with a garment; The waters were standing above the mountains.
27. [Psalm 104:19-20] He appointed the moon for seasons; The sun knows its going down. You make darkness, and it is night, In which all the beasts of the forest creep about
28. [Psalm 104:30] You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; and you renew the face of the earth.
29. [Psalm 136:7-9] To Him who made great lights, For His mercy endures forever; The sun to rule by day, For His mercy endures forever; The moon and stars to rule by night, For His mercy endures forever
30. [Psalm 147:4] He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
31. [Isaiah 66:1] Thus says the LORD, “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?
32. [Proverbs 8:27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he drew a circle upon the face of the depth
1. [John 1:3] Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
2. [2 Peter 3:5] For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,
3. [Hebrews 1:2] In these last days he has spoken to us through his Son. God made his Son responsible for everything. His Son is the one through whom God made the universe.
4. [Hebrews 1:3] The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
5. [Colossians 1:16] For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
6. [Colossians 1:15-17] The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
7. [1 Corinthians 8:6] yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.
ALSO READ: God is larger than Universe