Even if the Muslims and some Christian sects do not believe the divine origin of Jesus, still they have to worship Jesus because God passed his authority to him totally. Therefore all people should submit to Jesus if they want eternal lives. This is what God commands us to do according to the Bible.
PROPHESIES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:
1. [Genesis 49:10] “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
2. [Isaiah 9:6] A child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace
3. [Isaiah 53:12] Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
4. [Isaiah 52:13] Behold, My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and greatly exalted.
5. [Psalm 2:6] “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
6. [Psalm 72:11] And let all kings bow down before him, All nations serve him.
7. [Psalm 89:27] “I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.
8. [Psalm 8:6] You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet
9. Daniel 7:14] “And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed”.
10. [Daniel 7:27] And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.
11. [Daniel 2:37] “You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory.
FULFILLMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT:
1. [John 3:35] The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.
2. [John 13:3] Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.
3. [John 17:2] For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.
4. [Matthew 28:18] Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
5. [Matthew 11:27] All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son will reveal him.
6. [Luke 1:32-33] He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”
7. [Luke 10:22] All things are delivered to me by my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
8. [Luke 22:29] So as my Father has given me a kingdom, I’m giving it to you.
9. [Hebrews 2:8] and placed everything under his feet.” When God subjected all things to him, He left nothing outside of his control. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
10. [Hebrews 1:2] But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe
11. [Ephesians 1:22] And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church,
12. [1 Corinthians 15:24] Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power.
13. [1 Corinthians 15:27] For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.
14. [1 Peter 3:22] who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.
15. [2 Peter 1:17] “He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
16. [Revelation 4:11] “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
17. [Revelation 11:15] Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world is now the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”
5 thoughts on “All Authority is Given to Jesus by the Father”