1. [Q 6:154] “Then we gave Moses the book, complete for him who would do good, an explanation of all things, a guidance and a mercy, so that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord.”
COMMENT: This verse says that the book (Tanakh) received by Moses was complete. So the Quran is not a follow-up book of Tanakh, but rather an independent book.
2. [Q 6:155-156] “And this (Quran) is a blessed book which we have revealed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy. “Lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: The book was sent down to the two sects before us (the Jews and the Christians) and for our part we were in fact unaware of what they studied (because that book was in a different language).
COMMENT: In the verse above, Allah clarify that Their Quran is not sent for the Jews and Christians contrary to the assumption of the Arab pagans, but for the Arabs only. Likewsie, Allah admit that They are unknowing of the book (Bible) studied by the Jews and Christians for the reason it’s written in a different language (meaning written in a language other than Arabic). “. . . for our part we were in fact unaware of what they studied (because that book was in a different language)”. In this statement also, Allah exposed Their ignorance and lack of knowledge about other languages, thus They are not almighty but rather ordinary beings.
3. [Q 12:2] Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an that you might understand.
COMMENT: In this verse, Allah states the reason why They made the Quran in Arabic, because it is for Muhammad (an Arab man) to understand
4. [Q 13:7] And the disbelievers say: “Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?” You are only a warner, and to every people there is a guide.
COMMENT: . . . to every people there is a guide. Allah assigned a warner or guide to every people. It means that other countries or regions have their own messenger respectively as provided by Allah. On the part of Muhammad, he’s sent by Allah as a warner or guide for Arab people only.
5. [Q 14:4] And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
COMMENT: In the above verse, Allah made clear that Their messenger should be speaking the language of his people so that he can convey the revelations to his people clearly. Thereby, the role of Muhammad being Allah’s messenger is confined only to Arab people.
6. [Q41:44] And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur’an, they would have said, “Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]?” Say, “It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure.” And those who do not believe – in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place.
COMMENT: One of the reasons why Allah made the Quran in Arabic was that They were worried that Arabs might complain to Them for inconsistency _for having sent an Arab messenger to them yet the message he brought is not Arabic. Therefore Allah made it consistent beforehand, They sent an Arab messenger with Arabic message or revelation to avoid possible criticism coming from Arab people.
7. [Q 42:7] “And thus we have revealed to you an Arabic Quran, so that you may warn the mother of the cities (Makkah) and those around her.”
COMMENT: The very reason why Allah revealed Quran in Arabic to Muhammad is for him to warn the people of Mecca (Arabian City) and its surrounding (Arabian) Cities.
8. [Q 43:3] “Verily, We made it a Quran in Arabic so that you may be able to understand”
COMMENT: Why the Quran made in Arabic by Allah? The answer is “so that the Arab people may able to understand”. Obviously, the Quran is only intended for the people who speak Arabic, and not for other people who do not speak and understand Arabic.
9. [Q 44:58] And indeed, We have eased the Qur’an in your tongue that they might be reminded.
COMMENT: In the verse above, Allah tell Muhammad why They expressed Their revelation in Arabic. Their reason is to ease the (Arabic) tongue of Muhammad in uttering (Arabic) message to the (Arabic) people.
10. [Q 62:2] “He is (Allah) who has raised among the unlettered people a messenger from among themselves”
COMMENT: This verse says that Allah made Muhammad as a messenger from among themselves (Arab community) and for themselves (Arab community).
11. [Q 109:6] For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.
COMMENT: Here, Allah declared that He has no care about the religion of other people, that His religion (Islam) is only for Himself (the god of Arabs). This verse proves strongly that Islam is not for all people but Arabs alone.