The Muslims keep telling that God has no Son, that Jesus is only human. The teaching about the Father and the Son is derived from the books in Tanakh which is ahead of Jesus thousands to hundreds of years. Tanakh foretells the arrival of the Son on Earth who is God himself. This shows that the worship of the Son was not fabricated later after Jesus’ ascension as alleged by the Muslims. Below are numerous biblical verses proving the existence of the Father and His Son (Jesus).
Quoted from Tanakh/Old Testament
1. [Proverbs 30:4] Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his Son? Surely you know!
2. [Psalm 2:7] The king proclaims the LORD’s decree: “The LORD said to me, ‘You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.
3. [Psalm 2:11-12] Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
4. [Psalm 45] Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you above your companions with the oil of joy
5. [Psalm 80:15] Even the shoot which Your right hand has planted, And on the Son whom You have strengthened for Yourself.
6. [Psalm 89:27] And I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth
7. [1 Chronicles 17:12-14] He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.
8. [2 Samuel 7:13-14] He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son.
9. [1 Kings 15:4] Nevertheless, for David’s sake the LORD his God gave him a lamp in Jerusalem by raising up a Son to succeed him and by making Jerusalem strong.
10. [Isaiah 7:14] Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (God with us).
11. [Isaiah 9:6] ”For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
12. [Daniel 3:24-25] Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spoke, and said unto his counselors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
13. [Daniel 7:13] “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
Quoted from the New Testament
1. [Matthew 3:17] And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased
2. [Matthew 7:21] “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
3. [Matthew 13:41-42] “The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth”
4. [Matthew 16:15-17] Jesus said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
5. [Matthew 16:27] For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done.
6. [Matthew 17:5] While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!
7. [Matthew 18:19] Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
8. [Luke 1:30-32] The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you shall name Him Jesus. “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
9. [Luke 9:26 & Mark 8:38] If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels.
10. [Luke 10:22] All things are delivered to me by my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
11. [Luke 22:29] So as my Father has given me a kingdom, I’m giving it to you.
12. [Luke 22:70] So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” Jesus answered them, “You say that I am.”
13. [Luke 23:34] Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots.
14. [Mark 1:10-11] Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.
15. [Mark 9:7] Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
16. [John 1:18] No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
17. [John 3:17-18] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
18. [John 3:35-36] The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
19. [John 4:23-24] “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
20. [John 5:19] So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.
21. [John 5:25-27] Truly, truly, I tell you, the hour is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself. And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
22. [John 5:37] “And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.
23. [John 6:40] For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
24. [John 8:28] So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I Am He and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.
25. [John 8:48-49] The Jews answered Him, “Are we not right to say that You are a Samaritan and You have a demon?” “I do not have a demon,” Jesus replied, “but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me.
26. [John 9:10] Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works.
27. [John 10:30-31] “I and the Father are one.” At this, the Jews again picked up stones to stone Him
28. [John 10:36] then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?
29. [John 10:37-38] If I am not doing the works of My Father, then do not believe Me. But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works themselves, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”
30. [John 11:41-42] So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. “I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.
31. [John 12:49] “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
32. [John 13:3] Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.
33. [John 14:7] If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”
34. [John 14:9-10] Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me?
35. [John 14:2-3] My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
36. [John 14:6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
37. [John 14:10] Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
38. [John 14:11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
39. [John 14:21] He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.
40. [John 14:26] But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
41. [John 15:7-8] “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. “My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples
42. [John 15:9-10] “Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love
43. [John 15:26] But when the Counselor comes whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who goes out from the Father, He will testify about Me
44. [John 16:15] “Everything that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will take from what is Mine and disclose it to you.
45. [John 16:28] I came from the Father and entered the world. In turn, I will leave the world and go to the Father.
46. [John 17:4-5] “I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
47. [John 20:17] “Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.'”
48. [Acts 2:33] Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.
49. [1 John 2:22-23]. Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.
50. [1 John 4:14] And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.
51. [1 John 5:5] Who then overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
52. [1 John 5:9-10] Even if we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony that God has given about His Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him; whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given about His Son.
53. [1 John 5:11-12] And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
54. [2 John 1:3] Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, will be with us in truth and love.
55. [2 John 1:9] Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son
56. [1 Peter 1:3] Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! God has given us a new birth because of his great mercy. We have been born into a new life that has a confidence which is alive because Jesus Christ has come back to life.
57. [1 Peter 1:3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
58. [2 Peter 1:17-19] “He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
59. [Romans 8:2-3] For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,
60. [1 Corinthians 4:6] We are not to think of Jesus beside another person who is also God, but to think of the Father as being within Jesus, for He says, “the Father dwells in Me”
61. [1 Corinthians 8:6] yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.
62. [1 Corinthians 15:24] After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power.
63. [1 Thessalonians 3:13] so that He may establish your hearts in blamelessness and holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints. Amen.
64. [Philippians 2:11] and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
65. [Colossians 1:15-17] The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
66. [Hebrews 1:2-3] In these last days he has spoken to us through his Son. God made his Son responsible for everything. His Son is the one through whom God made the universe.
67. [Hebrews 1:3] The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
68. [Hebrews 1:8-9] But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
69. [Revelation 3:21] The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.
ALSO READ: Biblical verses about the Son of God