Quoted from the Old Testament
- [Genesis 6:12] God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
- [Exodus 20:5] You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
- [Exodus 34:7] maintaining loving devotion to a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin. Yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished; He will visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”
- [Deuteronomy 31:18] “But I will surely hide My face in that day because of all the evil which they will do, for they will turn to other gods.
- [Leviticus 18:22] – Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
- [1 Kings 8:46] “When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near
- [1 Samuel 15:24] Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned; I have transgressed the LORD’s commandment and your instructions, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.
- [2 Samuel 12:13] Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” “The LORD has taken away your sin,” Nathan replied. “You will not die.
- [Psalm 14:1] The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good.
- [Psalm 14:3] They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.
- [Psalm 32:1] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- [Psalm 51:1-2] Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.
- [Psalm 51:2-3] Wash me clean of my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
- [Psalm 51:4-5] Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You may be proved right when You speak and blameless when You judge. Surely I was brought forth in iniquity; I was sinful when my mother conceived me.
- [Psalm 53:7] Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
- [Psalm 53:9] Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt
- [Psalm 58:3] These wicked people are born sinners; even from birth they have lied and gone their own way.
- [Psalm 103:2-4] Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion
- [Proverbs 10:16] The wages of the righteous is life, but the earnings of the wicked are sin and death.
- [Proverbs 11:19] Genuine righteousness leads to life, but the pursuit of evil brings death.
- [Isaiah 1:15] “So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you; Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood.
- [Isaiah 1:28] But rebels and sinners will together be shattered, and those who forsake the LORD will perish.
- [Isaiah 3:9] The expression on their faces testifies against them, and like Sodom they flaunt their sin; they do not conceal it. Woe to them, for they have brought disaster upon themselves.
- [Isaiah 33:14] The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
- [Isaiah 53:5-6] But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- [Isaiah 59:1-2] Behold, the LORD’S hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.
- [Isaiah 59:4] No one sues righteously and no one pleads honestly. They trust in confusion and speak lies; They conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity.
- [Isaiah 59:7] Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. They pursue evil schemes; acts of violence mark their ways.
- [Isaiah 64:7] There is no one who calls on Your name, Who arouses himself to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us And have delivered us into the power of our iniquities.
- [Isaiah 66:24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
- [Jeremiah 3:2] “Lift up your eyes to the bare heights and see; Where have you not been violated? By the roads you have sat for them Like an Arab in the desert, And you have polluted a land With your harlotry and with your wickedness.
- [Jeremiah 3:21] A voice is heard on the bare heights, The weeping and the supplications of the sons of Israel; Because they have perverted their way, They have forgotten the Lord their God.
- [Jeremiah 5:1] “Roam to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, And look now and take note. And seek in her open squares, If you can find a man, If there is one who does justice, who seeks truth, Then I will pardon her.
- [Ezekiel 18:4] Behold, every soul belongs to Me; both father and son are Mine. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
- [Ezekiel 18:17] He withholds his hand from harming the poor and takes no interest or usury. He keeps My ordinances and follows My statutes. Such a man will not die for his father’s iniquity. He will surely live.
- [Ezekiel 18:18] As for his father, he will die for his own iniquity, because hepracticed extortion, robbed his brother, and did what was wrong among his people.
- [Ezekiel 18:30-32] “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord God. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you. “Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel? “For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,” declares the Lord God. “Therefore, repent and live.”
- [Ezekiel 22:12] “In you they have taken bribes to shed blood; you have taken interest and profits, and you have injured your neighbors for gain by oppression, and you have forgotten Me,” declares the Lord God.
- [Ecclesiastes 7:20] Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.
- [Daniel 9:22-24] “Seventy weeks have been determined concerning your people and your holy city to put an end to rebellion, to bring sin to completion, to atone for iniquity, to bring in perpetual righteousness, to seal up the prophetic vision, and to anoint a most holy place.
- [Micah 1:5] All this is for the transgression of Jacob and the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? Is it not Samaria? And what is the high place of Judah? Is it not Jerusalem?
- [Micah 7:2] Faithful men have disappeared from the land; there are no godly men left. They all wait in ambush so they can shed blood; they hunt their own brother with a net.
Quoted from New Testament
- [Matthew 5:28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
- [Mark 9:43] If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two hands and go into hell, into the unquenchable fire.
- [Mark 9:45] If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.
- [Luke 15:21] The son declared, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
- [Acts 2:38] Repent,” the apostle Peter tells us, “and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins”
- [Romans 1:25] They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator, who is forever worthy of praise! Amen.
- [Romans 3:23] for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- [Romans 5:12] Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
- [Romans 6:22-23] Now you have been freed from sin and have become God’s slaves. This results in a holy life and, finally, in everlasting life. For the wages of sin isdeath; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- [Romans 8:2-3] For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,
- [1 Corinthians 5:11] But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler.
- [1 Corinthians 6:9-10] Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who have sex with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.
- [Ephesians 5:3-5] Do not let fornication, perversion of any kind, or greediness not even be mentioned among you. This is not appropriate behavior for God’s holy people. Neither should there be shameful conduct nor foolish talking nor obscene jesting, things which are inappropriate, but rather the giving of thanks. For you know this, recognizing it for yourselves, that no fornicator or unclean person or greedy person—which means being an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of the Christ and of God.
- [1 Peter 3:18] For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive by the Spirit:
- [Revelation 21:8] But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
ALSO READ: Original Sin